CTC-ARI Airports Ltd: Θέση Εργασίας – Λάρνακα
Brand & Category Manager
Brand & Category Manager
CTC-ARI Airports Ltd, part of the ARI group, the Company managing the Travel Retail & Duty-Free shop operations at both Larnaca and Paphos International Airports, invites applications for the recruitment of a Brand & Category Manager, based at Larnaca International Airport.
The Brand & Category Manager is responsible for the implementation and delivery of the Beauty category strategy (Perfumes, Skincare & Cosmetics) for CTC-ARI Airports Ltd. The successful candidate will identify opportunities to surpass targeted growth in sales and margin, by identifying products (sourcing new and reviewing existing ranges) that add value to the customers’ experience. This is a critically important role in ensuring that retail standards and execution of the category buying strategy is implemented to the highest level. This person will be a key contact with CTC-ARI’s management team, collaborating to deliver company strategy, profitability, sales targets, customer satisfaction and optimizing business unit performance. This candidate will support the Global Buying Manager by efficiently selecting and purchasing optimum quantities of goods and merchandise for their categories, whilst being the local primary day to day contact for buying category related queries from CTC-ARI management.
Duties & Responsibilities
Category Strategy & Budgeting:
- Supports the Global Buying Manager in the execution of the category strategy and plans within nominated stores and region.
- Implements and monitors category strategy and provides a view on best practice local implementation plans.
- Supports the Global Buying Manager to develop positive commercial relationships with suppliers in order achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and to deliver a Best In Class proposition.
- Actively participates in the negotiation process with vendors.
- Provides commentary/insights on category performance (weekly/monthly/ad-hoc).
- Supplies local feedback, identifies specific action plans, opportunities and weaknesses and escalates to Global Buying Manager and Global Head of Category for stores in region.
- Actively drives action plans locally to deliver on targets & budgets.
- Responsible for the management of brands at item level, including item set up and delist process and pricing management.
- Responsible for range management ensuring that overall category Stock Keeping Unit (sku) levels are managed within guidance.
- Identifies opportunities for local products when appropriate and nominates them to Global Buying Manager to ensure sense of place.
- Responsible for local product assortment selection and attends supplier meetings, trade shows, marketing events as required.
Communication & Relationship Management:
- Responsible for implementing best practice category management procedures.
- Has an excellent collaborative working relationship with store teams to ensure budget delivery of sales, profit, optimum sell-thru and customer experience, whilst being the point of contact for local operations teams.
- Maintains positive vendor
- Mentors and develops wider category team.
- Delivers new vendor openings and changes in store locations within project timelines.
- Maintains Critical Time Path to ensure activity lands right first time in store.
- Briefs store, ecommerce and marketing team in relation to product changes and promotional
- Audits the execution of buying store, briefs and agreed promotional/price activity with store management teams and proposes solutions for issues raised.
- Negotiates commercial agreements with suppliers (within agreed parameters) and raises corresponding
- Arranges product training to ensure awareness on newness/new
- Ensures sign off is received on any margin diluting activity from Global Buying Manager/Global Head of Category and updates local management.
- Ensures local & regional compliance to Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and all agreed negotiations.
Person Specification – Requirements of the Role
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum 3 years Buying experience (ideally within Beauty category).
- Proven buying experience in a brand led category and brand relationship management.
- Strong understanding of merchandising financials, retail math and the ability to manage profitability.
- Effective negotiator with experience in dealing with major brands.
- Proven experience building profitable business.
- Strong commercial acumen–experience being accountable for delivering and exceeding company targets.
- Excellent command of Greek and English language.
- Excellence in Verbal, Written and Presentation skills.
- Strong report writing and analytical skillset in order to manage high volumes of data to ensure optimum category performance is achieved.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- High energy individual with a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated individual who can multitask and prioritize daily workload, work well under pressure and achieve deadlines.
- Excellent supplier management skills.
- Demonstrate a customer led approach.
- Ability to remain flexible and willing to change and challenge strategies, as business needs dictate.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Commitment to daa/ARI Values.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and should reach us the latest by 27th October 2023. For any further enquiries, please contact Mrs. Maria Andreou on 24-841497/24-841400.