War Child: Administration Officer – Nicosia
General objective of the job
Manage all office operational matters to ensure smooth running. This role will proactively oversee various office related administrative tasks & processes.
- Coordinate building and maintenance issues for general repair , ensure work is completed and all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Manage the War Child home team (cleaning, maintenance, supplies) and coordinate availability for use.
- Manage relationships with landlord, vendors and local service providers.
- Respond & deal with requests & questions, in Greek, from local authorities or other stakeholders.
- Monitor and maintain office / team house equipment & supplies and ensure inventory list is kept up to date.
- Support with travel arrangements for the local team and visiting team members.
- Oversee all necessary arrangements for WCH trainings and meetings.
- Support with relocation / orientation arrangements for new team members.
- Perform vetting for WCH beneficiaries (vendors, partner staff & suppliers) using the WCH Anti Money Laundering system.
- Work proactively to improve office processes and work to resolve any issues timely and efficiently.
- Support the Finance team with finance related administration, as required.
- Provide ad-hoc general office administration (correspondence, documentation, presentation materials) as needed.
Knowledge and Experience
- Prior experience as an office assistant / administrator or handling administrative responsibilities.
- Experience ideally with an NGO, public office or business.
- Experience using business software (MS office, email, web-based solutions)
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize
- Self-directed and able to work with minimum supervision
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- Hands approach to work
- Cultural sensitivity
- Able to work well in a small team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Greek (Cypriot Greek speaking).
- Driving license and own vehicle for local use (all costs will be reimbursed).
Flexible working arrangements are available including part time options (min 4 days per week, between 4 – 8 hours per day).
Commitment to the vision and goals of Child War, including adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential.
War Child prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We support & promote diversity & inclusion, and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV and a short cover letter in English using the following hyperlink: