Swipe for Distribution Ltd: Θέση Εργασίας – Λευκωσία
Swipe for Distribution Ltd., an affiliate of the Fattal Group, is the licensed manufacturer and distributor of Vileda, the housewares division of the German Freudenberg Group and the market leader in the cleaning products category in Cyprus. The company also manufactures and distributes and a portfolio of diversified brands and private labels.
Job Summary Handle Swipe for Distribution accounting by processing accounting transactions, filing taxes, preparing journal entries, and maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers. Assist with monthly closings and account analysis, ensuring appropriate reconciliation of the company’s accounts.
- Prepare journal entries, complete general ledger operations, and handle monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Book supplier invoices on the system, prepare payment transactions, allocate bank charges, and archive related proof documents as per company policy.
- Calculate Custom fees, allocate charges to goods and materials, prepare payments to port clearing agents and insurance companies, process payments and monitor related movements on company accounts.
- Prepare payment vouchers as requested, and reconcile transitory account and cash settlements upon repayment.
- Allocate to Legal entities cost related to the various expenses (rent, freight, insurance, telephone, fuel, etc.) as per company policy, and process payment of related charges on the system.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets.
Reconciliation & Control
- Organize financial records; inspect account books and accounting systems, and maintain related information for accuracy.
- Examine daily, weekly and monthly statements to ensure information accuracy and correct detected discrepancies.
- Handle bank reconciliations; monitor and resolve bank issues and discrepancies including fees anomalies.
- Liaise with internal auditors to implement control across all Legal entities.
- Review expense reports, and recommend ways to improve business efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance revenues and profits.
Compliance & Reporting
- Handle fiscal declaration, and ensure prompt and accurate payment of taxes.
- Ensure that statements and records comply with laws and regulations, and handle local government reporting.
- Collect, analyze and prepare on a regular basis reports on accounting and financial information to allow informed decision making
Carry out other similar duties that can be defined within the broad functional job and functional responsibilities outlined above. These may include special missions assigned by direct supervisor, support to other units, providing on the job training, etc.
- 5-8 years’ experience in similar position
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting, or Finance/Business-related field. An MBA is a plus Good command of Greek, and English, Arabic is a plus
- Good computer skills
Customer Focus Effective Communication
Adaptability and Flexibility Teamwork
Problem Solving Focusing on Results
Leadership / Managerial competencies N/A
Analytical Thinking Critical Thinking Attention to detail Planning & Organization Reporting skills
Professional office environment
Sedentary work; may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time Day shift job; requiring occasional overtime
Apply now by sending your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org – tel. no. 22427273