University of Nicosia Medical School: Θέση Εργασίας – Λευκωσία
The University of Nicosia Medical School, the largest Medical School in Cyprus with a diverse student body from over 60 countries, is seeking a well-qualified and motivated professional to join our team for the post of Senior Software Developer.
The successful candidate will be based in Nicosia and will be supporting the University of Nicosia Medical School as a full-time Senior Software Developer.
- Participate in the development of innovative, state-of-the-art web application systems (all stages of the development lifecycle including requirements definition, analysis, design and development) as a senior developer with minimum guidance
- Coach more junior colleagues in the team
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science.
- Proven work experience in Software Development including Web development with minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Good knowledge of one of the following development languages / platforms: Java, Microsoft .NET, PHP, NodeJS.
- Experience with Git, TFS, Visual Studio Online, or any other source code management technique.
- Good understanding of software and network security (in particular WEB security in a context of developing secure applications).
- Good understanding of Software Development life cycle, in particular Adaptive Software Development.
- Good understanding of Cloud Based technologies.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to engage with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate tasks.
- Ability to handle effectively multiple priorities concurrently.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Ability for innovative thinking, improvisation and experimenting.
Qualifications which will be considered as advantageous:
- Good knowledge and understanding of one of cross-platform mobile application development platforms like Microsoft Xamarin or Google Flutter or React Native.
- Experience in native mobile application development (XCode, Android Studio).
- Understanding of Cloud Computing (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS). Ability to design and develop cloud-based enterprise level information systems and their components.
- Understanding of cloud-based applications conceptual and architectural design, particularly Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Experience with AI cloud-based services.
- Experience in database programming and administration, especially NoSQL and cloud based such as Amazon DynamoDB, DocumentDB, Neptune, Kinesis and Athena.
- Other Amazon AWS experience, in particular with services like EC2, BeansTalk, S3, RDS, SQS, Redshift, CodeCommit, CloudFormation.
- Any AWS related certification (i.e. AWS Certified Solution Architect, AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified DevOps engineer, etc.).
- Understanding of Enterprise application architecture and integration.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for the post, in English, to email@example.com by Monday, 1st of February 2021.
Please indicate that you are applying for the Senior Software Developer position in the subject line of your email.
Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.