War Child: Θέση Εργασίας – Λευκωσία
War Child is looking for:
‘Project Assistant‘ based in Nicosia, Cyprus
War Child Holland (WCH) is an international non-governmental organization that works exclusively to improve the well-being and resilience of children and youths affected by violence and armed conflict. From its branch in Cyprus, WCH and its partners support children affected by the conflict in Syria through an integrated mix of child protection, education and psychosocial support interventions, while working closely with their caregivers, families and wider communities for maximum and durable impact.
We are seeking to strengthen our team and we are currently seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Project Assistant to join our dynamic team of professionals dedicated to helping children and their families positively deal with the consequences of being exposed to armed conflict.
You will be responsible for supporting the Project Manager in the implementation of projects for community-based Child Protection, Psychosocial Support and Education.
- Cooperate and liaise with the Project Manager to understand processes.
- Assist in the review of reports (monthly, quarterly, etc.) along with all supporting documentation.
- Complete administrative tasks to support the implementation and operation of projects.
- Support in maintaining and updating tools relating to the programme implementation team.
- Translation of relevant documentation from Arabic to English and vice versa.
- Attend relevant partner meetings and assist in the determination of project requirements.
- Collect, record and input data when needed.
- Follow up on logistical matters relating to trainings, meetings and visits of partners or donors both remote meetings and staff travel.
- Support in the partnership management cycle as required.
- Support and follow up on the reports tracking sheet submitted by partners.
- Support in ad-hoc tasks requested by Project Manager or Programme Implementation Manager.
- Relevant academic background (Social Sciences / International Development Studies)
- At least 1 year of relevant experience
- Previous experience working with children/refugees/vulnerable populations is preferable
- Strong communication skills, fluency in Arabic and English is essential.
- Cultural sensitivity
- Attention to detail with strong follow up
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team oriented, with ability to work efficiently independently
- Proficient using Microsoft office
- A dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities to grow and enhance your skills.
- A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits including opportunities to develop professionally.
- Working as part of a multinational team who are hands on to make change happen!
The contract for is for at least 1 year with the intention to prolong. This is a national position based within the EU with local labour conditions.
Grade C (Scale – Eur 1, 212 – 1, 834 gross per month)
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to upload their CV and a short cover letter, in English, by using following hyperlink: https://war-child-cyprus.onlinevacatures.nl/en/job/169494/apply
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse.
This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.