Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BSM): Θέση Εργασίας – Λεμεσός
Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BSM) is an integrated maritime solutions provider. Managing a fleet of 600 vessels, 18,000 seafarers and 2,000 shore-based employees enable the delivery of safe, reliable and efficient ship management services through a network of 11 ship management, 24 crew service, four wholly-owned maritime training centres and six representative offices across the world.
Implement and monitor all recruiting activities and processes for the assigned vessels according to the manning plan, in order to timely and accurately meet the vessels’ requirements. Liaise with the crew, to identify potential training needs and support their well-being on-board.
Execution of the Manning Plan
- Create and review the contractual crewmembers’ agreements and the vessels’ manning plan for recruitment purposes based on the company’s procedures, agreed terms and local / flag legislation.
- Propose and implement the rotation planning and End of Contract procedures of the vessels’ personnel.
- Identify future and current vacancies in vessels’ personnel to support the accurate and fast coverage of needs.
- Support the Fleet Personnel Manager to develop the annual manning plan and budget.
- Prepare and implement Crew planning activities (timeliness reliefs/rotations, accuracy of documentation, budget compliance, response to customer requests).
Vessel Personnel Management
- Coordinate with the Fleet Personnel Manager for the implementation of changes in ports’ procedures and the smooth (dis)embarkation of crewmembers.
- Monitor and update flag state documentation to safeguard the legitimate vessels’ operations and crewmembers’ employment.
Increase of Crewmembers’ Skills
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of crewmembers.
- Identify training needs, develop and propose training plans to improve technical skillset and competencies.
Management of Resources
- Develop effective travel segmentation of crewmembers.
- Review crew travelling costs of the assigned vessels, and contribute in relative market research, to identify the best value-for-money services.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Maritime or related field.
- 2+ years of Experience as a Fleet Personnel Officer in maritime recruiting.
Job Specific Skills:
- Very good knowledge of vessels’ crew requirements and crewmembers’ specifications.
- Exposure in the development of employment contracts.
- Experience in recruitment, training, and development activities.
- Good knowledge of the crewmembers’ rights and the maritime labour law.
- Knowledge of the maritime legal framework e.g. employers’ obligations, recruitment prerequisites etc.
- Fluency in English.
- PC literacy.
If you are interested for the position please submit your CV at:
latest by the 31st of August 2020.