War Child: Θέση Εργασίας – Λευκωσία
Finance Officer – Efficient and organised finance professional
War Child based in Cyprus has been responding to the needs of Syrian children and strives to build local capacity for Syrian refugees as much as possible. This is a national position based within the EU with national labour conditions.
War Child Programme for Syria
War Child (WCH) is a learning organisation that continuously enhances its services to children affected by war and conflict. This includes striving to become a networked expert organisation able to mobilise and provide services and technical assistance within and outside the organisation, as well as across programme teams in various in-country offices.
War Child has been responding to the needs of Syrian children. The programme is expanding and is in need of professional supervision as well as an entrepreneurial spirit to further grow the programme.
You will ensure accounting processes and systems are running effectively and efficiently to enable programme staff and other stakeholders to implement the War Child Programme for the needs of Syrian children.
Responsible for bookkeeping ensuring all financial documents of partners and War Child are compiled and organized according to international auditing standards & cross checked for accuracy. You will handle petty cash, check receipts. prepare cheques & transfers and follow up cash / cheque advances. You will also monitor bank accounts, preparing monthly bank and cash reconciliations.
You will hold monthly meetings with project administration officers to check monthly expenditure allocations, prepare monthly financial budget updates and provide monthly financial reports to head office.
You will develop and maintain an efficient filing system of partners, check financial reports from partners and prepare reports for Head Office. You will assist during audits, follow up on findings and keep track & monitor office and project advances. You will also oversee general financial related administration to ensure efficient running and organisation of work.
- Degree in Accounting or similar & experience ideally with UNIT 4 package.
- Experience in similar positions with an NGO for an EU or UNICEF/UNHCR funded project is preferable.
- Previous experience working with children/refugees/vulnerable populations.
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office and especially Excel.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Result-oriented, attentive to detail and cost-conscious.
- Flexible approach, able to work well in small team.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both verbal and written communication skills.
- A dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities to grow and enhance your skills.
- A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits including opportunities to develop professionally.
- Working as part of a multinational team who are hands on to make change happen!
- Job Location: Cyprus, based in Nicosia.
Contract: The contract for is for at least 1 year with the intention to prolong.
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates are invited to upload their CV and a short cover letter, in English, by using following hyperlink: https://war-child-cyprus.onlinevacatures.nl/en/job/159265/apply