The incumbent holding this position is responsible for assisting the accounting operations of the Group. The Accounts Officer is also responsible for the maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records as well as for all accounts processing, bookkeeping and analysis of financial information within the Group.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists colleagues for timely completion of data entries (bookkeeping duties)
- Executes and oversees the processing of invoices, receipts, payments
- Assists with the preparation and recording of journal entries, account reconciliations and detailed reports (bookkeeping)
- Assists in the preparation of monthly costing reports and management reports
- Conducts daily, weekly and monthly performance of bank and other reconciliations
- Computes VAT and tax owed and prepares VAT return forms, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements
- Oversees the month end, quarterly and annual closing of accounts
- Reviews and processes expense accounts for accuracy and reasonableness according to the Group’s procedures
- Manages payroll data and issue salary payments using payroll software
- Manages various day to day accounting related tasks
- Ensures the implementation of accounting principles in compliance with reporting standards, external auditors and company policy
- Assists in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the Accounting Department
- Provides assistance and required information for the audit of the accounts by the External Auditors
- Assists the Financial Controller in daily requirements
- LCCI Higher in Accounting and/or Diploma and/or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- At least 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the construction industry will be considered an advantage
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Computer literacy
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written
Attractive and competitive remuneration packages, including benefits, will be offered to the successful candidates, according to qualifications and experience.
For further details (detailed job descriptions and minimum requirements) and instructions to apply, please visit Careers on our website http://iacovougroup.com/. Interested applicants should apply no later than 27th February 2020.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.