Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Part-time (30 hours per week Monday to Friday), with the possibility of becoming full-time
Salary: An attractive salary dependent upon skills and experience
About the organisation:
As a global organisation, the Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) operates in over 150 countries and territories tending and conserving the cemeteries and memorials of men and women of the Commonwealth forces who died in the First and Second World Wars. The Mediterranean Area has responsibility for the cemeteries and memorials in 33 countries around the Mediterranean Basin. The Area Office for the Mediterranean Area is based in Larnaca, Cyprus.
About the role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing an excellent Office Administration service to the Area Office, to cover the reception and be the first point of contact for all visitors, staff members and taking general telephone enquiries. You will have contact with all departments within the office and with colleagues within the Mediterranean Area. You will be responsible for the preparation of Finance and Administration returns, carrying out general Finance Administration, plus data entry for the HR Department into the HR System. Organising travel arrangements for the Area Director and preparation of travel itineraries when required, including preparation letters for visas. Managing the office stationary and handling couriers and post both incoming and outgoing. You will be responsible for the office filing and file registry. Assisting in meetings and event management, arranging refreshments and catering.
What we can offer you:
- 23 days annual leave (increased up to 30 days with length of service)
- Paid public holidays, plus a paid office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Provident Fund up to 11% Employer Contribution
- Private Medical Health Cover
- Training and Development
- College Diploma in Business Administration or related field would be considered as an advantage
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Excellent command of English both oral and written
- Other languages, either Greek, Arabic or Turkish would be an advantage
- IT literate with a excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Dependable with a respect to confidentiality and policies
- Positive and flexible attitude and able to adapt to change
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: 6th January 2020
Interview Dates: 30th and 31st January 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. The CWGC is an equal opportunities employer.