Vessel Operator (Tankers)
Hanseatic Chartering Ltd (HCL), established in 1976 provides shipowners with tailor-made solutions in the fields of Commercial Management, Chartering and Sale & Purchase. Part of the Bernhard Schulte Group, an integrated maritime solutions leader with more than 130 years of experience in the shipping industry, HCL managers a fleet of over 100 vessels.
Assist in the efficient operation of the assigned vessels through various functional activities and ensuring the day to day operation of the assigned vessels are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide support with the employment of the vessels; provide requested information during negotiations, review recap, CP terms and provide comments.
- Commercial operations and post fixture chartering.
- Liaise with Masters, Charterers/Brokers, Managers and Owners on Commercial/operational matters.
- Voyage instructions to Masters
- Arrange bunkers and appointment of Agents
- Handle cargo claims and commercial/Charter party disputes
- Monitoring vessels in port and ensure quick turnaround and review cargo documents including Bills of Lading. Follow up on the vessel position and assisting Master to ensure compliance with the C/P requirements on Commercial/Operational matters.
- Review all necessary vessel inspection reports, quarterly financial reports and documentation concerning vessel performance and operational issues.
- Invoicing and timely recovery of charter hire / freight / demurrage, etc.
Education & Qualifications
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers or having a recognized Degree in the shipping field
- At least 2 years carrying similar duties within a maritime services company
- Knowledge of port procedures and processes
- Knowledge of local and international Customs regulation
- Good project management skills
- Good communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Very good people management skills
- Fluency in English
- PC literacy
If you are interested in being considered for this position please send your CV by email to the Attention of Mr. Theodoulos Demetriou vacancies.HCL@hanseatic-chartering.com, με τίτλο:”ANERGOSJOBS.COM” by Friday, 20th December 2019, with a cover letter, explaining the reasons you would be suited to this position.