The main role of a Cargo Mail Clerk is to ensure a safe and efficient handling of Cargo.
- High school certificate as a minimum requirement
- Very good knowledge of the Greek and satisfactory knowledge of the English Language
- Independent as well as team player with initiative, willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Integrity, safety and security oriented
- Customer service skills
- Driver’s license holder
- Ability to work in shifts
- Clean criminal police record
- Military service obligations served
- Ensures that all incoming or outgoing cargo shipments are correctly received after a/c arrival or properly packed and labeled before dispatching to the a/c.
- Obtains and prepares all documents relevant to cargo shipments in accordance with the Carrier’s requirements, the Airport and custom Authorities obligations.
- Ensures the safe loading and unloading of Cargo.
- Operates the forklift and the tractor.
- Reports directly and immediately to the carrier and the Cargo Manager any irregularities, damages, missing cargo, overcarried cargo, torn, open, pilfered, wet and etc shipments.
- Ensures all special cargo e.g. dangerous goods, refrigerated shipments and valuable cargo are stored in the designated area.
- Corrects cargo documents if any offloads and informs the Customs exports office.
- Processes in ATIS, THESEAS and ICS systems all inbound shipments.
- Prepares Air Waybills and Cargo Manifests. Processes in ATIS all outbound shipments.
- Informs the consignees (over the phone) right away after shipment arrival for any live animals and perishable shipments.
- Treats information as confidential and discloses it only to consignee after proper identification. Treats customer with care.
- Is responsible for the Office organization and tidiness of the Cargo department.
- Complies with the company’s Quality, health and Safety and Environmental policy.
- Always acts according to Company’s and Department’s rules and regulations.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Cargo Manager.
If you are interested in the vacancy or if you wish to refer someone who meets the requirements, please see below possible ways of forwarding CV/application:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting:”ANERGOSJOBS.COM”
- By fax to 24008872
- By hand to LGS Handling Head Offices