Home for Cooperation: Administration Officer – Nicosia
Job Opening: Administration Officer at the Home for Cooperation!
The Home for Cooperation in Nicosia invites applications for an Administration Officer.
Position: H4C Administration Officer
Reports To: H4C Director
Working Hours: 40 Hours/Week (Full-time), Monday to Friday
Salary: €1000.00 Net Salary
Start date: 1st of December 2018
Application deadline: 20th of November 2018, 6.00 p.m.
Send CV and cover latter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary: The Administration Officer will be in charge of the front office desk and manage both external and internal communications while aware of promoting the image of the organization at all times. She/he will be responsible for all duties at the desk of our main entrance and responsible for the day to day running of the H4C. As part of a dynamic and high-performing team, the Administration Officer will carry out general office and administrative duties and provide support to all of the internal programs and initiatives, while also being responsible for specific duties. His/her activities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Welcoming visitors to the H4C by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries, tracking incoming and outgoing visitors, determine the nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations
- Forwarding calls, providing information in regards to the H4C’s activities or other events taking place in the H4C and taking messages and passing them to the person concerned.
- Hearing and trying to resolve complaints from visitors to the H4C or the public and informing, if necessary, the H4C Director.
- Providing general information about the H4C, its vision and mission and its planned activities, also information on the location of events taking place in the Home, the resident NGO’s offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Maintaining safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Setting up the rooms and equipment at the H4C according to the bookings request
- Keeping the contact details of the visitors to be added to the H4C’s newsletter emailing list
- Managing the bike rental and souvenirs selling at the H4C
- Receiving and managing any bookings at the H4C
- Managing, maintaining and improving H4C calendars in order to keep a record of all bookings and activities that are scheduled to take place at the H4C.
- Communicating the calendar of events and activities on a monthly basis with the relevant stakeholders: Boards, UNICYP, check point police, café supervisor, H4C team.
- Coordinating H4C caretakers – ensuring all out of office hour events are covered and caretakers have all the necessary information prior to an event, and are informed of the needed equipment and processes.
- Monitoring and maintaining all supplies for the H4C including office supplies, cleaning materials, refreshments and other necessary supplies linked to the needs of the H4C.
- Keeping safe and handling all the keys belonging to the rooms of the building, as they are recorded in the H4C Inventory dated August 2018.
- Maintaining, storing and setting up the electronic equipment belonging to the H4C. Provide training to caretakers on setting up the equipment prior to an event.
- Administrating the H4C admin account – forwarding appropriately the mails to the relevant person from the staff or/ and Board.
- Providing support and participating to ideas exchange at the staff meetings in event planning, coordination and coordination.
- Organizing, filing and archiving paperwork, documentation and electronic information related to – H4C projects.
- Working in cooperation with the H4C Director to support him/her in the monitoring and maintaining of structural needs of H4C building, ensuring the building is kept in good functioning order and the ensure preventative and repair work is done on time.
- Collecting invoice requests for all the payments that relate to the H4C maintenance and supplies, submitting them with all necessary accompanying documents to the Operations Officer in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and responding to requests for information and ensure they are transmitted to the appropriate team members and/or board members as necessary.
- Overseeing webmaster duties.
- Evaluating workshop, classes and coordinating its continuation with the H4C Director, including recruitment of instructors and communication of requirements with team.
- Receiving and managing all RSVP’s for our events
- Maintaining telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for in house phone and console operation.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities may also include:
- Carrying out additional tasks as required within the course H4C’s work, such as assisting with events; provide support to other team members.
- Attending and participating in weekly team meetings and maintain good relationship with all resident NGOs.
- Completing the necessary personnel documentation (progress report, timesheets etc.) pertaining to his/her contract with AHDR, ensuring they are submitted to the Finance Officer in a timely manner.
- Carrying out any additional duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Assisting on events organization
- Proven experience as front desk representative or relevant position
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer etc.)
- Perfect verbal and written English and Turkish or Greek
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking abilities and problem-solving skills
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality.