The Organisation for the European Capital of Culture- Larnaka 2030: Θέση Εργασίας – Λάρνακα
The Organisation for the European Capital of Culture- Larnaka 2030 aims to develop and establish the programming strategy of the Larnaka 2030 bid (pre-selection and final) while taking into account the European Commission’s criteria emphasising European co-operation, interdisciplinarity (i.e. collaborations between different cultural forms), citizen’s involvement and inclusion as well as the sustainability of the candidature and its projects with attention to the effectiveness of its delivery schemes.
The Organisation for the European Capital of Culture – Larnaka 2030 is seeking to recruit a qualified applicant for the position of the Executive Assistant for the Larnaka 2030 candidature. The job holder will be working directly with the Executive Director and will be coordinating with the project team of the Organisation. The Executive Assistant will serve as a point of contact for internal and external matters of the Organisation.
- Act as the point of contact among artists and cultural institutions as well as corporate supporters and stakeholders (local, national, European level)
- Broad understanding of the needs of artistic and cultural productions
- Experience in the design and implementation of arts and cultural projects
- Ability to communicate with diverse target audiences (social, ethnic, age groups etc)
- To arrange meetings and cultural events and attend those where necessary
- To manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- To manage the executive and departmental calendars and set up meetings
- To make travel arrangements and accommodation arrangements
- Collate daily expenses and prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly reports against available budgets
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Provide research support for sociocultural mapping
- To take minutes during meetings and maintain minutes’ repositories
- Write letters to local, national and European authorities as directed by the Executive and Artistic Directors
- Write and/or develop texts for relevant European Funding programmes and for the Larnaka2030 bid books as may be necessary
- Organise and maintain departmental filing system (both electronic and hard copy)
- University Degree in fields related to Arts and Culture (Arts Management, Fine Arts, Cultural Policy, Theatre studies, literature, Music Education/performance etc)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, Project Manager or similar role. Experience of working with EU institutions, local authorities, foundations and other international projects is preferred.
- Exceptional letter writing skills in Greek and English
- Excellent MS Office knowledge and Google Drive
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Familiarity with office equipment and applications
- Excellent written and oral English and Greek language skills will be required.
- Digital Media Fluency
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Sound knowledge of Larnaka’s social and cultural landscape
Terms of Appointment:
Contract Duration: Fixed Term contract until the shortlist date in 2024 (to be announced by the European Commission) with the possibility of an extension, depending on the outcome of the Larnaka 2030 proposal submission. The role requires occasional evening and weekend work (public events, presentations, workshops) An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to provide the following by email to email@example.com (Position Reference Executive Assistant-Larnaka 2030), no later than 17/11/2022:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- A letter of motivation addressing the ways in which the candidate’s experience matches the above job description and required qualifications
- Contact details of at least two referees that can provide reference letters Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.