Bayswater Education: Ζητείται Finance Officer – Λεμεσός
Bayswater Education is a vibrant network of global learning centres with a clear mission to empower young people of all backgrounds to create the life they want to live.
We’re passionate about growing communities of global thinkers and explorers, at home and abroad.
Young people from every walk of life can get a buzz from discovering new cultures, exploring new flavours and learning what’s out there. We like to think of them as global spirits.
Our mission to inspire and educate begins in our beautiful, modern classrooms and extends to communities and cultures across the globe.
Bayswater is the place for Global teamwork and an outstanding work environment.
Bayswaterians around the world work seamlessly together to provide students with the best possible experience.
The Greatest Adventure – YouTube
The Accounts Executive will be based at our Limassol office in Cyprus.
The successful candidate will be assisting the AR department and will be reporting to the Finance manager.
Our AR function is centrally managed, so the role involves interaction at an international level with both external and internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate should have excellent communication skills and be confident in their communications with other departments and external stakeholders.
Our outstanding Finance team, located around the globe is ready to welcome the new member who will join the team and work together seamlessly towards their goals.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Assisting with the Accounts Receivable processes implementation
- Helping in managing the Aged Debtors, ensuring that debtors’ days are kept below the threshold and that collections are chased on a timely basis and proactively
- Ensuring all invoices, credit notes and payments/receipts are processed & allocated on a timely basis
- Manage the Accounts Receivable Inbox ensuring all queries are resolved on time and any issues are escalated appropriately.
- Assisting the monthly process of refund requests and agent overpayments
- Supporting in the calculation of sales commission
Month end and other ad-hoc responsibilities
- Helping with the preparation of the Partner School invoices and collaborate with each school to ensure accuracy of the calculations
- General bookkeeping responsibilities on Sage accounting software
- Post bank transactions & reconcile multi-currency bank accounts daily.
Knowledge, qualifications, and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification desirable
- 1-2 years of accounting experience desirable but not essential
- Good working level of English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Package
- Desire to learn new skills
- Capable of thinking independently – an opportunity to grow and learn within the job
- Organized approach to completing tasks
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to work across international teams and with different departments
- Highly organized and able to manage a varied and demanding workload
- Methodical and diligent approach to ensure quality and accurate results to any given task
- Outstanding Administrative, organizational and presentation skills
- Intelligent and proactive
- Attention to detail essential
- Resilient with a flexible, ‘can-do’ approach to work
- Results focused
- A team player and able to build rapport and engage with a diverse range of people
- Committed to equality and diversity
- Polite and approachable
- Able to work well with others and under pressure
- A methodical and cheerful approach to work
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Training and development opportunities
- Exciting development opportunities within the organization
- Warm and friendly work environment
- Result oriented approach, hybrid work
- Working with an outstanding multicultural team of professionals
- Regular online networking and cross meetings with the Bayswaterians based all over the world
- Eligibility to live and work in Cyprus
Sounds like you? Apply:)
If you’re hesitating because you don’t think you’re a 100% fit for the job, then apply anyways and we’ll contact you back.
This job description is provided as a guide to the role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities. It may be subject to periodic revision to meet business requirements.
Bayswater Education was established in 2017 by a team of experienced professionals in the international education industry. The business is for profit with a social mission at its core. The commitment to operate on a one for one basis is enshrined in our business.
For every week of tuition that a student studies with us, we will give a week of education to underprivileged people from where our students are recruited. We set out to create a global network of Colleges, focusing initially on teaching English to International students.
Bayswater Education http://www.bayswater.ac/ currently comprises the following divisions:
High Quality Language Courses in 10 year-round locations across 4 countries – UK, France, South Africa, Cyprus & Canada
Professional courses – Career-focused Short Courses for Generation Z in London, Paris and Online. Study Digital Marketing or Fashion
Bayswater Summer – Leading Summer Camp provider with 11 locations across UK, France, Cyprus & Canada
We are looking for people who enjoy being involved in different aspects of the business, varied workloads and can think outside the box. We want to inspire and educate the next generation.