AML Compliance Officer\Risk Manager – Nicosia
Company: Cyprus Investment Firm (CIF)
Summary of job requirements
Excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a newly established team as an experienced AML Compliance Officer\Risk Manager with fluency in written\spoken English and preferably Russian.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Implementation and improvement of internal KYC management and compliance procedures in order for the Company to comply with key CySEC requirements.
- Reviewing customer account opening documentation for corporate clients.
- Continually reviewing Corporate and Counterparties’ files for documentation accuracy.
- Comparing electronic data with data provided in the original form.
- Conducting KYC verification process for corporate clients and counterparties.
- Creating and using registers/spreadsheets and/or any other form of electronic database in order to identify Customer/Counterparty outstanding KYC documentation.
- Ensuring prompt delivery of findings to Board of Directors for rectification and resolution.
- Escalating cases and issues related to the prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing to the Board of Directors.
- Implementation of a risk based approach policy and procedures in relation to AML.
- Complete analysis of transactional information through manual and/or automated monitoring systems in order to identify risks, trends and potential suspicious activity related to money laundering.
- Maintaining document transfer registers.
- Develop and implement operational risk policies and procedures
- Identify the operational risks of the Company and its subsidiaries
- Assess and monitor the credit and market risks of the Company
- Identify, measure and monitor Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- Degree in Risk Management/ Finance/ Economics/ Business Administration or a related field.
- At least 2 years of previous AML Compliance and Risk Management experience from a CIF or an Administrative Service Provider (ASP) or corporate service providers registered under the Cyprus Bar Association or ICPAC is a must.
- Critical thinking with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- High levels of persistence
- Language skills: fluent written and spoken English and Russian (preferably)
- Computer literate (MS Office package)
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.