Thalassaemia International Federation: Θέση Εργασίας – Λευκωσία
Office Administrator at Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF) HQs – Cyprus
Published: 01 July 2019
As Office Administrator, under the supervision of the Executive Director and/or Operations manager, the selected candidate will:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support with diligence the implementation of the action plans and projects carried out by the departments and the senior officer(s);
Prepare briefings and presentations; transcribe and proof-read manuscripts; format, collate and disseminate documents for the needs of assigned projects;
Develop and maintain relationships with representatives of organisations and individuals who are members of TIF’s global network of collaborators;
Ensure the appropriate presentation of the office at all times and answers telephones;
Respond to or escalate enquiries as appropriate;
Meet and greet visitors;
Distribute information within the TIF Office (e.g. downloading/ forwarding emails, faxes, post, photocopies etc)
Plan and schedule meetings and appointments for the management team
Organize meetings, events, conferences, workshops undertaken by the department(s)
Manage office facilities (e.g. computer equipment, electrical, plumbing etc)
Handle stationery and consumables orders
Perform out of office duties (post office, bank etc)
Maintain contact database up to date, and extracting reports as requested
Assist with external distribution of correspondence or other documents (e.g. courier/ messenger services, sending faxes, emails etc)
Handling TIF publications / educational material including stock monitoring, handling requests, packaging and distribution (via post or other means)
Performs other general administrative and organisational duties required to support the daily operations of TIF Office including daily email management.
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union who enjoys full rights as a citizen, attested by a recent extract from judicial records and/or certificate of good conduct;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by national law on military service;
- Be physically fit to perform the required duties.
TIF provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Education / Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following areas: European/International studies, Communications, Languages or other related field. Other specialisations may also be considered provided that language proficiency is present and proven.
- Desired experience: At least 1 year in a similar role or related field.
- Any previous experience in health-oriented organisations will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent command (both oral and written) of Greek and English.
- Working command of another EU language (preferably German or Spanish) will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and multitask;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Willingness to learn;
- Team spirit and good communication skills;
- Diligence and attention to detail in tasks undertaken;
- A sound knowledge of and/or interest in the health sector;
- Ability to work as a team member and alone;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (full proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Working knowledge of technological tools (e.g. Dreamweaver, Moodle, VoiceThread, Interactive Whiteboard etc) will be considered an advantage.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS POST? CONTACT US!
Please send your CV (with a clear description of education and professional experience) and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
The cover letter should be addressed to Dr Androulla Eleftheriou, TIF Executive Director.
Please quote in application: “Office Administrator at Thalassaemia International Federation HQs – Cyprus – [Your Name]”
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday 12 July 2019.