Competitive Edge Digital: Junior Web Developer / Administrator Position – Larnaca
Competitive Edge Digital is Growing!
Our Awesome team is expanding and looking for a Super Hero to join our Team!
Junior Web Developer / Administrator Position
We have an opening for a Junior Web Developer / Administrator (Larnaca – Nicosia)
Competitive Edge Digital is seeking a Junior Web Developer for our Creative Services Department. This position is responsible for the support of the web department team in planning, producing and implementing digital initiatives across web, mobile and social. Able to design and develop website functionality that ensures a strong optimization and best practices.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work with development team to oversee the work from digital consultants and vendors to implement digital projects, planning and design.
- Analyze, design, and develop websites and their functionality, ensuring strong optimization and best practices. Deliver updates to all aspects of the websites and online initiatives for our clientele.
- Research site traffic analytics and perform A/B testing to optimize website functionality.
- Assist in creation, editing, publishing and removal of pages and templates of all sites across our development, staging and production servers.
- Create and edit template files, create and edit custom modules and administrate the WordPress / Magento architecture. Alongside WordPress/Magento, will work in various PHP frameworks.
- Interface with Linux, Apache, including SSL and PCI compliance. Interact with servers using SSH, FTP and Telnet protocols.
- Monitor website technical performance, web servers, and other web systems. Assist with cross-browser QA for all features; record and address bugs or required fixes.
This position has the following requirements:
- Studied in Computer Science or related degree program.
- Experience in CMS development and Web Frameworks such as AngularJs, ReactJS or Django is a plus.
- Experience in LAMP stack preferred.
- Knowledge working with source control systems (GIthub, perforce).
The Successful Candidates should be eligible for the HRDA Funding employment subsidy.
Competitive Edge Digital is seeking employees who have demonstrated experience and commitment working with a diverse community. Salary is commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits. This is a part/full-time, temporary/regular, non-exempt position.
A cover letter, current resume are required for all applicants. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.