PrimeTel: Backhaul Transmission Planning Engineer – Nicosia
PrimeTel is one of Cyprus’ leading telecommunication providers offering telephone, internet, TV channels and mobile services. In PrimeTel, we strongly believe that our positioning in the market, our technology, our reputation and strength have all been achieved through our talented, dynamic and enthusiastic professionals. We are always looking for new colleagues to join our company and help our business to reach new levels of excellence.
If you are an experienced Backhaul Transmission Planning Engineer then we are looking forward for you to join our family.
What will your job look like?
- Microwave and Fiber Backhaul planning and implementation for cellular networks
- Perform Microwave path studies
- Wireless Network Backhaul equipment selection and ordering as needed
- Work with Network Planning on transmission/microwave path equipment ordering, engineering and filings
- Prepare and deliver technical network designs
- Path licensing from government institutions
- Maintaining path licensing information and licensing lifecycle
- Work with government regulatory bodies on issues related to transmission licensing and similar subjects
- Managing partners and vendors to facilitate transmission design, implementation and testing
All you need is…
- University degree in Telecommunications or other relevant field
- Demonstrated history of working in a similar role for at least 2 years
- Good knowledge of system topology for at least GERAN, UTRAN and EUTRAN network technologies
- Ability to apply RF planning tools such as Teoco (Asset), Mentum, Mapinfo, etc.
- In depth working knowledge of Microwave, Ethernet/IP, SDH/PDH transport technologies.
- Good knowledge of IP/MPLS and synchronization solutions and planning.
- Good understanding of leased line solutions and providers.
- Working knowledge and/or familiarity with statistical and data analytics
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong project planning and execution skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience working independently with multiple simultaneous subjects of a complex nature
- Excellent verbal skills with proven ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written communication skills with experience in creating quality documentation
- Knowledge of SQL and any other programming languages is a plus
- Proven record of delivering results under tight deadlines
- Excellent command of the spoken/written English language, with ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
What we Offer
- Attractive remuneration package
- Provident Fund
- Private medical health cover
- A friendly and positive working environment
- Personal and professional development