If you have ever flown on a commercial airline then chances are you’ve been served by a Swissport employee at some point. We are passionate about serving our customers to the best of our ability, and attracting the best people possible. If you are passionate about what you do and if you can inspire those around you, you share the same beliefs that we do.
We are seeking seasonal part-time:
FLIGHT COORDINATORS – LARNACA AIRPORT, CYPRUS
Job Title: Flight Coordinator
Location: Larnaca Airport
Reporting to: Flight Coordinator Team Leader
Flight Coordinators manage the entire arrival and departure process overseeing all ground handling activities to ensure a safe working environment and achieve an on time departure. Flight Coordinators will deal with a variety of airline systems and represent Swissport through effective communication with flight and cabin crew at the aircraft side. The Flight Coordinators will ensure that the aircraft departs with all passengers, baggage and cargo are accounted for.
- Manage all the operational activities for the Turnaround (or standalone arrival/departure) focusing on safety, security and punctuality. Will brief all teams/ crew leaders regarding requirements for each movement (departure/arrival)
- Monitor all ground handling activities to ensure consistent delivery and that all corporate and, local compliance and safety procedures are adhered to
- Responsible for ensuring crews receive aircraft/passenger documentation
- Secure all duties and services according Contracts and agreed Standards (SLAs)
- Ready to be engaged for additional equivalent works within the station
- Ensure all personnel working around the aircraft are using correct safe working practices and they all have the correct PPEs
- Perform jetty check and position/ removal onto and off the aircraft
- Perform FOD control and removal
- Perform start up clearance duties (Headsets)
- Perform Pushback operation
- Overall responsible for the safety of the aircraft, its crew, the passengers and all personnel working for turnaround
- Communicate effectively with all relevant departments in order to ensure a safe working environment and achieve an on time departure
Qualifications and Competencies
- College/ University Degree or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Good English oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Be able to work in teams with minimal supervision
- Must be flexible and willing to work during various shifts including, holidays, weekends and night shifts
- Quality and Efficiency Oriented
- Attention to detail
- Customer oriented
- Problem solving skills
- Safety Awareness as top Priority
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on time
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
In return we can offer extensive training and development and an exciting and vibrant working environment.
If you think you possess the necessary skills and attributes to be successful in one of these exciting opportunities then please send your CV to the attention of Andri Petrou, to: CY.Careers@swissport.com using the code LCA/FC – anergosjobs.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.