Centre for Sustainable Peace and Democratic Development (SeeD): Head of Finance and Administration – Nicosia
Vacancy Details/ Λεπτομέρειες Αγγελίας
Job Title: Head of Finance and Administration
Employer: The Centre for Sustainable Peace and Democratic Development (SeeD)
Duty station: Nicosia, Cyprus
Reports To: Head of Operations
Contract Duration: 15th January – 30th June 2018, subject to extension and renewal
Contract Status: Full time (40 hours per week).
Salary Range: 2.500 – 3.500€ (full-time monthly rate) depending on qualifications and experience.
Start Date: 15th January 2018
Deadline for applications:27th December 2017
The Centre for Sustainable Peace and Democratic Development (SeeD) is a peacebuilding innovation hub that
seeks new ways to achieve transformative peace, through evidence-based and participatory policy dialogue. Originally growing out of a Cyprus-based initiative (Cyprus 2015), SeeD is now implementing programmes across multiple contexts in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, in collaboration with the United Nations, UNDP, USAID, UNICEF, and other international organizations.
SeeD is an International not-for Profit Association (INFPA) registered in Brussels, Belgium and Nicosia, Cyprus – where its main offices are also located – and currently operates on personnel of 15-20 employees and consultants internationally.
The Head of Finance and Administration will be responsible to ensure the smooth flow of administrative
work with due care to all applicable rules and regulations, while monitoring the status of expenditures and allotments to maintain a healthy financial situation. The Head of Finance and Administration will directly supervise and provide line management to the admin & finance team, comprised of a Finance Officer as well as an Administrative Assistant, and would be expected to liaise with different funding bodies (e.g. UN agencies, international development organizations), various teams of consultants and international sub-contractors.
The Head of Finance and Administration will report to SeeD’s Head of Operations, and will be a member of the Executive Team which defines, updates and reviews the institution’s strategy and workplans on an ongoing basis.
For more information on the position please contact Demetra Kallitsi via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and responsibilities:
- Accounting and Finance:
- With the support of the Finance Officer, monitor status of cash position, expenditures, allotments,
cost-to-revenue ratios, overhead-to-budget ratios, staff productivity ratios and budget variations, at the level of different projects and of the whole institution, to maintain a healthy financial situation.
- With the support of the Finance Officer, prepare management accounts and financial reports, consistent with auditing requirements, donor expectations and to support decision-making of the SeeD Executive Team.
- Contribute to deliberations of the Executive Team and make recommendations with a view to ensuring that
implementation of projects contributes to the financial health of SeeD.
- Supervise the Finance Officer in preparing and managing the budget for different projects, and the revisions as
- Supervise the Finance Officer in preparing journal entries to record all income and expenditure in QuickBooks
and file supporting documentation on a regular basis.
- Supervise the Finance Officer in producing all required financial reports and ensure that all financial
reporting deadlines and requirements are met as required.
- Supervise the Finance Officer in preparing project-related documents, such as cash transfer requests, milestone payment requests, etc.
- Supervise the Finance Officer in processing payments through deposits and transfers to bank accounts in Cyprus and abroad.
- Administration, procurement and human resources:
- With the support of the Admin Assistant, facilitate the smooth flowing of routine administrative work with
due care for all applicable rules and regulations.
- With the support of the Admin Assistant, manage personnel and human resource related tasks, including the
administration of competitive recruitment processes, drafting of employment and consultancy contracts, and ongoing staff evaluation according to defined criteria.
- Supervise the Admin Assistant in the overall monitoring of institutional and contractual deadlines, as well as
the record keeping of engagements, meetings and timelines for reporting purposes.
- Supervise the Admin Assistant in collecting quotations and bids for approved purchase requests and ensure all
required documentation is in place.
- Supervise the Admin Assistant in initiating, processing, monitoring, reviewing and following-up on actions
related to staff’s activities, i.e. travel, salaries, etc.
- Supervise the Admin Assistant in ensuring proper filing of all financial, administrative, procurement and human resources documents.
- Supervise the Admin Assistant in coordinating the provision of logistical support to the research team,
including work group meetings, public facilitations, travel abroad, supplies for conferences or events, etc.
- Supervise the Admin Assistant in managing a petty cash fund as needed for the office, with the support of the
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Business Administration or other related field;
- At least five years of financial, accounting and managerial experience;
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English;
- Sense of responsibility, professionalism and thoroughness;
- Strong organization and prioritization skills;
- Strong commitment to the institutional values of SeeD.
Desirable Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in donor funded financial management and NGO work particularly in peacebuilding, development, reconciliation, mediation and similar;
- Knowledge of additional languages with preference, in order of priority, for French, Greek or Turkish;
- Strong IT and communication skills.
Terms of Engagement:
The position is envisioned to be full time (40 hours per week). Depending on qualifications, expertise and years of
experience, monthly fees can range from 2,500 EUR to 3,500 EUR. The initial contract (January to June 2018) will be based on a consultancy services agreement, subject to renewal or conversion to a regular employment contract.
Please send the following documents to email@example.com by 27th December 2017, 17:00pm (GMT+2)
- Full CV;
- Two References, to be sent directly to SeeD by the referee;
- A short covering letter of 500 words.
More information on SeeD can be found at: http://www.seedsofpeace.eu/