The Cyprus Refugee Council: Ζητείται Ψυχολόγος για μερική απασχόληση – Λευκωσία
Part-time Psychologist’s position
The Cyprus Refugee Council (CyRC) (formerly known as the Humanitarian Affairs Unit of NGO Future Worlds Center) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization with a focus on refugees, asylum seekers, trafficking victims and survivors of torture. CyRC strives to safeguard, support and advocate for the rights of vulnerable groups in Cyprus as well as promote their effective integration into local society.
We are currently looking for a Licensed Clinical or a Counseling Psychologist (part -time) to work on a project related to victims of torture and violence. The position is contract based and will last for 2 years.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual/group sessions and meetings to vulnerable individuals/target group of the project
- Submit reports to lead partners and the EC/donor within the agreed timelines
- Attend staff and supervision meetings
- Contribute in the development of original services and counseling methods in collaboration with project partners
- Liaise closely with local organizations and partner organizations abroad
- Organize project related advocacy activities, such as meetings and workshops
- Travel within Cyprus and abroad, as required.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Master’s degree or higher in Counseling or Clinical Psychology.
- Registration at the Psychologist’s Registration Council of Cyprus
Relevant Training, Experience and required Skills
- At least two (2) years work experience in provision of clinical work (psychotherapy, clinical assessment, psychological consultation)
- Training on trauma, sexual and gender based violence and crisis intervention is desirable
- Experience in supporting vulnerable groups, preferably in a multi-cultural context
- Good knowledge of gender related issues and situation of asylum seekers and refugees in Cyprus
- Training or experience related to project implementation is desired
- Communication/inter-personal skills/team work
- Basic computer skills
- Strong Writing/drafting skills
- Excellent command of Greek and English language; knowledge of an additional language is an asset
Applications MUST include a CV and a cover letter.
Closing date: 24 November, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please send your completed application to email@example.com
Tel. +357 22205959, Fax. +357 22205960