Vouros Group: Power Plant Shift Operator – Kofinou (Larnaca)
Our Company is seeking to employ a Power Plant Shift Operator to both Operate and Maintain a Power Plant.
This position requires a multi skilled Electrical Engineer with the additional skills of a plant fitter/technician to join our existing team of Plant Operatives.
This hands-on role involves both daily operating and maintaining a Power Plant, located in the area of Kofinou.
We are seeking Day and Shift Electrical Engineers / Electrical Technicians / Electricians who can add real value to the Engineering team.
Given the nature of our business, high quality engineering staff are vital to our continued success.
Key Responsibilities of the Power Plant Shift Operator
- Responsible for the operation and the monitoring of the plant, from a Central Control Room, and operate all plant and equipment as required
- Providing front line maintenance support to a specific area of our industry leading plant
- Assist in ensuring day to day compliance with all aspects of the Environmental Permit, reporting any non-compliance or incident to the Plant Manager
- Carry out routine plant inspections and adjustments/operations as required, collecting and recording plant data
- Control and maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feedwater heaters and filters to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, and auxiliary power
- Drive continuous improvement projects
- Heavy involvement in planned preventative maintenance
- Morning walk arounds, after analysing any issues from the night shift, complete a walk through, looking for issues or problems with the machinery, odd noises, missing guards, hot running spots etc
- Breakdowns, ranging from operator error, sensor faults, drive motors failing to assisting the mechanical engineer on major failures or completing your own in depth fault finding on a PLC
- Routine maintenance, looking at the daily and weekly schedule for planned periodic maintenance, which is strictly adhered too, as well as, previewing any major planned overhauls ensuring parts are in store to complete
Power Plant Shift Operator Requirements/Qualifications
- Experienced with PLCs, drives and instrumentation
- You will be educated in Electrical Engineering
- Experience gained through working in a continuous process environment, preferably with experience of working shifts
- Interested in mechanical & electrical plant, with some experience of plant operations.
- IT literate
- A ‘Hands-on’ individual, you will also positive, with a ‘can-do’ approach to your work
- This is an ideal opportunity for ambitious, resilient and target driven individuals to progress your career in a successful organisation
- Exciting and challenging work
- Continued training, support and career development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from, industry leading people who are committed to technical excellence
Interested applicants need to be aware that this role is offered on a rotating 365/24/7 shift pattern that includes weekends and Public Holidays. You will also need to be prepared to provide shift rota cover, as required, to ensure continuous operation of the Facility.
All apllicants interested for this position should send a copy of their updated CV to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All information received will be treated with strict confidentiality.