Future Worlds Centre: Ζητείται part-time Admin/ Finance Assistant – Λευκωσία
SEEKING TO HIRE A PART-TIME
ADMIN/FINANCE ASSISTANT (PART TIME)
The Future Worlds Centre is in partnership with the Country Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Cyprus (UNHCR) for the implementation of a refugee project. FWC currently has a vacancy available under this project and is inviting qualifying candidates to apply.
The Future Worlds Centre is a non-governmental, non-profit organization that implements the project “Strengthening Asylum” on behalf of UNHCR, a humanitarian and non-political organization mandated by the United nations to protect refugees and stateless persons and help them find lasting solutions.
The Part-Time Administrative and Finance Assistant reports to the Project Coordinator. The incumbent is relied upon to provide administrative assistance to the Project and to ensure that routine services and activities within the administrative and financial domain are implemented.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assists in maintenance of financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions;
- Prepares recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons;
- Prepares detailed cost estimates and participates in budget analysis as required;
- Assists in processing of salary payments, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files;
- Administers the movement of local staff members, their attendance, leave plan, overtime, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of office budgets applicable to staff and servicing costs and maintains budgetary control records.
- Assists in requisitions of office supplies and equipment and arranges for control of distribution and maintenance of appropriate inventory records;
- Arranges appointments and maintains the office calendar, receives visitors, places and screens telephone calls and answer queries with discretion;
- Drafts correspondence and reports, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility;
- Monitors the use and ensure the timely payment of utilities;
- Arranges for and/or attends meetings on day-to-day administrative matters, participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, interprets and assesses the impact of changes and makes recommendations for follow-up action;
- Assists the Coordinator to organise and run the premises of the organization;
- Performs other duties as required.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
- Completion of Secondary Education with post-secondary certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field;
- Minimum 4 years of job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS Office and accounting software e.g. Sage/Navision);
- Fluency in English and Greek.
Desirable qualifications and competencies
Experience working with projects funded by the United Nations, the European Commission or other international organizations.
Applicants should submit their letters of motivation and their curriculum vitae (CV) in English to email@example.com by 31 May 2017. Acknowledgements shall only be sent to short-listed candidates under consideration. Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into account.