IKEA: Store Accounting Team Leader (FIN-_0217) – Λευκωσία
We have one common vision at IKEA: to help our customers enjoy a better everyday life at home. We take our vision very seriously.
IKEA started its operation in Greece through House Market, a member of Fourlis Group of Companies, and counts 5 stores in Greece (Athens, Thessaloniki, Larissa, and Ioannina), 1 in Cyprus (Nicosia) and 1 in Bulgaria (Sofia). IKEA – House Market also operates 6 Pick-Up-Points (1 in Rhodes, 1 in Patra, 1 in Chania, 1 in Heraklion, 1 in Komotini and 2 in Bulgaria (Varna & Burgas).
When you work with us, you’ll enjoy a diverse group of people who value working together. You will enjoy an open and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. At IKEA we always do our jobs knowing that we can achieve great things when many people work together.
For our store in Nicosia, Cyprus, we are looking for:
Store Accounting Team Leader
(6 months contract)
(ref: FIN- 0217)
Reporting to the Financial Controller & Business Navigator, you will be responsible and accountable to:
- Ensure the store’s statutory compliance including reporting, filing of returns, remittance of payment and claiming refunds, Tax and Corporation tax returns to the country’s GAAP & IFRS
- Ensure the legal and fiscal compliance of the store’s bookkeeping and accounting operations as well as the Company’s and Group’s reporting requirements
- Ensure that all suppliers are paid in accordance with the agreed policies and procedures as well as the respective contract terms
- Identify and eliminate any gaps or non-efficient operations regarding the area of responsibility
- Ensure that all accounting, company, legal and health & safety guidelines are followed in all areas of responsibility and at all times
- Closely monitor and manage all operating costs and P&L elements related to the areas of responsibility
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an organized Finance or Reporting department, preferably in the retail sector
- Bachelor in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Very good analytical and numerical skills
- Very good knowledge of the Cyprus VAT regulations
- Customer Focus
- Focus on detail, good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Very good command of the English language
- Very good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Knowledge of SAP ERP will be considered as an advantage
The People we seek
- You lead by example
- You have the constant desire for renewal
- You dare to be different while striving to meet reality and being cost conscious.
- You are humble and willing to accept and delegate responsibility.
- You have a hands on and Customer service driven approach.
- You have passion for retailing
- Career and development prospects in one of the most successful commercial groups in Greece
- Extensive continuous training, locally and abroad
Competitive remuneration package
Please send your complete resume by Friday 10/03/2017