Vallingham Services Ltd: 2 Accountants Assistants needed – Nicosia
Who we are
We are a Cyprus based company with a background of an established International Group which specializes in the area of corporate administration, fiduciary services, flexi office services and related consultancy. We serve a wide portfolio of clients which are located mainly in Europe.
Our staff consists of multinational experts who specialize in corporate law, financial and fiduciary services, as well as services related with substantial requirements.
In order to re-locate and establish our new accounting department, we are currently searching for new colleagues who are looking for a job in the area of finance, bookkeeping and taxes.
The role is suitable for beginners / graduates who are interested in finance, bookkeeping and taxes. The Account Assistant provides administrative support and assistance to Senior Accountants. The Account Assistant usually undertakes tasks such as filing, typing, basic bookkeeping, handling e-mails and making phone calls.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Collection of necessary information and documents for bookkeeping and VAT evidence from clients/colleagues
- Filing of bookkeeping and other documents into internal database
- Manual insertion of bookkeeping documents into Excel files
- Preparation of simple bookkeeping files
- Preparation of simple agreements or other documents needed to bookkeeping/audit
- Assistance to Senior Accountant with audits
- Communication with other colleagues / auditors / suppliers
- Help with various ad hoc tasks
Required skills and qualifications
- English language (written and oral) – international environment
- Greek/Russian/Czech/Slovak language is a big advantage
- Computer literacy, especially good command of Word, Excel
- Basic bookkeeping skills and knowledge of accounting principles and practises under IAS/IFRS
- Basic knowledge of auditing principles and practises
- Basic knowledge of Cypriot tax system
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
What do we offer
- Background of an International Group
- Competitive salary
- Young, friendly team and pleasant dynamic work environment in modern offices in the centre of Nicosia
- Opportunities for personal and career growth
- Long-term employment perspective