The Cyprus Institute: Θέσεις Εργασίας
1. Support and Maintenance Technician – Pentakomo
The Cyprus Institute is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and competent Support and Maintenance Technician to provide technical support at the PROTEAS field facility in Pentakomo. The successful candidate will perform a range of technical and maintenance tasks. S/He will be required to support installation of tools, machines and supplies which will serve the research projects.
- The successful candidate will be required to perform the following tasks at the PROTEAS field facility in Pentakomo:
- Technical support in installation, checking and commissioning Thermo-Couples;
- Technical support with data acquisition systems (DAQ);
- Monitor and record data;
- Technical support in heliostat’s maintenance;
- Inventory and record keeper of the equipment placed at PROTEAS site;
- Technical support in simple electric connections;
- Technical support in installation, checking and commissioning sensors;
- Cleaning of the indoor and outdoor facility, including the scientific equipment as heliostats and pyrheliometer;
- Record keeper of the storage room.
- Technical School diploma or equivalent;
- Relevant technical certificate;
- At least 6 months of relevant experience.
Additional required skills and knowledge:
- Experience of handling electrical instruments;
- Maintenance in industrial facilities;
- Experience on solar facilities;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Technically efficient and autonomous;
- Ability to operate in a multicultural/multidisciplinary environment;
- Experience of supporting scientific research projects would be an advantage;
- Very good knowledge of the Greek language; knowledge of the English language would be an advantage
The appointment will be of a full time basis, initially for a fixed term period of one (1) year with the potential of contract renewal depending on performance and availability of funds.
For full consideration, interested applicants should attach a letter of interest, CV and the names of two contactable referees (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please Dr Marios C. Georgiou (email@example.com). Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Saturday, October 15, 2016
2. Administrative Assistant(s) – Junior – Nicosia
The Cyprus Institute is seeking for motivated university graduates that are eager to learn and develop in the field of general administration in the research/academic sector, for carrying out a variety of administrative tasks in support of the Institute’s units and offices. The position requires the daily assistance of administrative functions in support of certain units, services, and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide broad range of administrative support, including the preparation of documents, correspondence and maintaining associated files;
- Prepare material and assist in the planning, coordination and support of a variety of meetings and special events;
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and travel;
- Take meeting minutes and produce reports;
- Respond to inquiries and work closely with key staff in the administration of activities and programs;
- Handle administrative duties including managing petty cash, requests for travel reimbursements, and computer-related needs;
- Work as part of a team on a wide range of programs, projects, special initiatives, and events;
- Assist in the purchasing process of equipment and in the coordination of repairs and services;
- Perform other administrative tasks and/or assist with special projects as requested.
- Bachelor degree
- High level organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent learning and development skills
- Ability to multitask changing priorities in a high-pressure work environment
- Excellent Greek and English language skills both verbally and in writing
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office
The compensation of the position will depend on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
For full consideration, interested applicants should attach a letter of interest, CV and the names of two contactable referees (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Dr Michalis S. Yiangou (firstname.lastname@example.org). Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Saturday, October 15, 2016