R.W. Chelsea Holdings Ltd: Assistant Accountant – Limassol
A group of companies is currently hiring a temporary assistant accountant for our office in Cyprus (Limassol). The duration of the employment will be approximately 6 months with the prospect of a permanent position.
The assistant accountant who will have relevant accounts preparation and banking management experience will be responsible and accountable for (but not limited) to the following:
- Liaison with company bankers
- Arrange transfers between bank accounts thus ensuring those positive balances is retained where an overdraft facility is not available.
- Ensuring that each transfer is recorded in the list of the transfer log.
- Receiving bank statements and transaction reports daily from company bankers.
- Daily updating of all bank account transactions in order to produce the daily cash report (allowing for and identifying any un-cleared payments or receipts) and distribution of same.
- Preparation of all payments via EQ banking and cheque books and effecting payment in a timely efficient manner
- Receiving invoices etc. from suppliers. Ensuring all invoices duly authorized and stamping with coding/approval stamp. This should be done on a frequent basis-daily if necessary.
- Daily and weekly treasury reporting re all group divisions
- General Book-Keeping and preparation of management accounts (including inter-company accounting)
- Ad hoc projects as directed by the CFO.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Degree in Economics, Accounting or related subject.
- LCCI Higher diploma
- Fluent in written, spoken and read English
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of IT systems/procedures to provide added value to the automation process.
A very good remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate which should be able to commence employment immediately.
Working hours 9.00-17.00.
Please forward your C.V. to the following e-mail address: email@example.com