Cobalt: Θέση Εργασίας – Λάρνακα
The IOC Officer reports to the IOC Manager and is responsible for ensuring optimum completion of the company’s daily flights which entails maintaining aircraft on or as close as possible to their published schedule while minimizing the effects of any irregularities in accordance with company policies.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITES:
- Co-ordinate flight irregularities to minimize their impact and regain the scheduled flying programme as soon as possible
- Ensure flights are crewed as efficiently as possible on any given day given any changing situation
- Ensure crew rosters are efficiently repaired flowing any disruptions to the daily operations.Liaise and negotiate crewing for crew disruption management and reduced delays
- Manage variations to the planned times, destinations, aircraft type and configuration of a flight during its operational stages, such as delay, diversion, cancellation, etc.
- Ensure proactive, timely and on-going close operational coordination with all service partners responsible for supporting the Company flight schedule
- Provide, communicate and distribute pertinent operational messages between aircraft and service partners as necessary
- Liaise with Eurocontrol slot coordinator for airport slots as required
- Liaise with foreign government agencies for overflight clearances and airport slots as required on an ad-hoc basis
- Implement disruption management actions. e.g. cancel sectors, reroute services, etc. as required depending on the circumstances in accordance with the Disruption Management Policy to maintain schedule and recover from disruption
- Report and update actions taken during the day of operations shift in the Operations Centre Electronic Log Book
- Arrange short notice non-revenue flying, e.g. test flights, ferry flights, etc.
- Coordinate incident assessment and corporate emergencies and implement company response
- Liaise and negotiate with the engineering service provider during disruptions to ensure the appropriate aircraft is available for recovery and that maintenance requirements are met and retained
- Ensure individual flight plan for each company service is available from approved Flight Dispatch provider 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure
- Ensure that Flight Plan package which is sent in 6-hour intervals, consisting of all sectors for the crew, including weather and NOTAMs and a picture form of the most recent weather conditions are ready for the crew at sign-on
- Continuously review and suggest improvements to IOC procedures and processes
- Promptly answer all phone queries addressed to the IOC
- University degree preferably with Flight Dispatcher License or previous experience in an airline with Network Operations / OCC
- Knowledgeable on / literate with IT systems relevant to airline operations such as AIMS/Jeppessen and Flight Disruption Module
- At least two years of experience in an OCC.Flight Dispatch experience will be considered an advantage
- Fully conversant with Manpower Resource Planning, Operations Control, Aircraft Planning, Crew Duty Regulations, Operational systems, Slot/Scheduling Management, Flight Planning (Fuel and ATC), fleet configuration, payload capacity and flying times, Airport Operations, Emergency Planning, etc.
- Previous experience in working within a complex and structured environment.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Highly attuned communication skills
- Proven track record of effectively working in a time pressure shift work environment
- Ability to quickly analyse and decide a course of action
- Systems literate and technology astute
- Strong and competent communicator
- Confident and self-motivated
- Financial Acumen and cost orientation
If you are interested, please send your application via email to email@example.com before 31st of August 2016.
An attractive basic salary plus other benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.