Έργο συγχρηματοδοτούμενο από το Ταμείο Ασύλου, Μετανάστευσης και Ένταξης και την Κυπριακή Δημοκρατία
ΚΕΝΗ ΘΕΣΗ ΣΕ ΔΙΕΘΝΗ ΟΡΓΑΝΙΣΜΟ
Το Υπουργείο Εσωτερικών γνωστοποιεί ανακοίνωση του Διεθνούς Οργανισμού Μετανάστευσης (International Organisation for Migration IOM) αναφορικά με την πλήρωση των πιο κάτω θέσεων εργασίας:
Position Title : Communication Assistant
Duty Station : Nicosia, Cyprus
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G4 equivalent
Type of Appointment : Special short term, until 31st December 2016 – with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 25th August 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, and overall supervision of the Head of Office, and having in mind the potential migrants’ needs for return assistance, the incumbent will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Collecting and disseminating necessary information for the information campaigns in Cyprus.
- Assisting in the preparation of the information campaign documents and materials for media diffusion.
- Adhere to IOM and Donor Visual Identity rules and established policies, procedures and project schedule/ time frame.
- Assist in monitoring of the TV campaign
- Informing the Project Coordinator on the stages of implementation of the information campaigns
- Maintaining a Media Contacts Data Base and a Projects’ Media Archive.
- Assist in drafting the periodical, mid-term and final reports, on the communication requirements of the project.
- Assist in maintaining strong and regular liaison with the project /programme partners, for the public information campaigns, and dissemination of IOM activities.
- Taking part in the successful preparation of the events organized by the IOM
- Taking part in information campaigns by taking photographs, assist in drafting press releases, and newsletters and travelling cross country according to the project’s requirements.
- Assist in the development of the IOM Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration website and its regular maintenance.
- Excellent command of the main MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Photoshop, other graphic designer applications etc) and office equipment.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Public Relations, Languages, History or Arts field
- Two years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge and use of graphic designer applications and ability to produce invitations, newsletters and information material ready for printing will be considered an advantage
Fluency in English and Greek is required.
Any other IOM Official language is an advantage.
- Accountability: Accepts and gives constructive criticism, Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies, Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs, Monitors own work to correct errors, Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Client Orientation: Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work, Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Continuous learning: Contributes to colleagues’ learning, Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills, Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas, Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Communication: Actively shares relevant information, Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures, Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience, Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative: Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation: Convince others to share resources, Presents goals as shared interests
- Performance Management: Provides constructive feedback to colleagues, Provides fair, accurate, timely and constructive staff evaluations, Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
- Planning and Organizing: Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others, Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others, Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers, Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Professionalism: Masters subject matter related to responsibilities, Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities, Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation, Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress, Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity, Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts, Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Teamwork: Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment, Contributes to, and follows team objectives, Gives credit where credit is due, Seeks input and feedback from others, Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate, Actively supports and implements final group decisions, Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
- Technological Awareness: Learns about developments in available technology, Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions, Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation, presently until 31st December 2016, with a possibility of an extension.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and motivation/cover letter in English) should be addressed to ROBrusselsRMHR@IOM.int quoting the above vacancy notice number.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 11.08.2016 to 25.08.2016