White November Corporate Services (Cyprus): General Manager – Nicosia
JOB TITLE: General Manager (Cyprus)
BRAND: White November Corporate Services (Cyprus) (the ‘Brand’)
REPORTING TO: Group CFO
RESPONSIBILITY: Manage all aspects of accounting, banking, VAT filing for the Company & client companies
The General Manager oversees the day to day activities of the Cyprus Office and ensures the finance function is organised and efficient and produces accurate financial and management accounts for client companies.
The role of the General Manager will have both client and internal company ability for coordinating all client services, including those provided by other departments such as tax, to ensure the best possible client service is being provided.
The General Manager will implement and maintain financial controls and systems within the business, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures.
- Client Service
- Ensure timely production of financial and management accounts.
- Ensure accounting policies comply with the relevant accounting standards.
- Manage preparation of payroll figures for client companies.
- Manage preparation of quarterly VAT returns for company and clients.
- Manage cash managment and treasury duties for clients.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Main point of contact for clients.
- Coordinate work of other departments to ensure efficient and unified client service.
- Manage client complaints.
Company financial performance and controls
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and cash flows for Cyprus as required.
- Raise timely fees notes, ensuring all work outside scope of the standard package. and work of other departments is billed.
- Ensure timely collection of fees from clients.
- Recommend changes that will improve the company’s financial performance.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- This role will not ordinarily involve travelling
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Qualified Accountant
- Knowledge of latest financial standards
- General knowledge of local tax and VAT legislation
- Ability to switch between macro view and micro level
- A “can do”, positive attitude is preferred. A “will do” attitude is a must.
- Roll up sleeves and get stuck into lower level work, where required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills
- Flexibility in relation to assigned tasks
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work successfully as both a team player and alone
- A good understanding of IT
- A general understanding of Microsoft Office products
- Good commercial awareness and ability to spot opportunities for new business
- Experience of management and grow a business would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Sage software would be beneficial
It is understood that the above role description may change in accordance with the demands and exigencies of the Brand Companies.
The salary would be circa €35-40K depending on experience.