Meeting Point Cyprus: Accountant – Nicosia
Meeting Point Cyprus was established in 2007 and is now expanding its presence in Cyprus by establishing its own offices. MP Cyprus is a subsidiary of Meeting Point International, part of FTI Touristik Group (www.fti.de).
We started setting up our own DMCs back in 1983 focusing on offering top quality services and price competitiveness. Today, with 20 Meeting Points across 4 continents we have dedicated ourselves to serving the extensive needs of the travel industry professionals across the globe while serving over 3 million tourists in 2015.
Description of position
Our company is looking for an experienced accountant to perform day to day accounting work for our accounts department. Responsibilities include, the maintenance of accurate and proper accounting records, review of the posting of invoices, receipts and payments and identifying and dealing with differences in suppliers’ statements, bank statements and intercompany records.
- Oversee the processing of invoices, receipts and payments by accounts assistants
- Monitor debtors and creditors
- Verify calculations and input entries in the accounting system in an accurate manner
- Prepare calculations and post general ledger entries for provisions and accruals
- Resolve differences identified with suppliers and deal with suppliers’ queries
- Calculate and process reconciliation checks and make corrections and adjustments in the accounting system as needed
Knowledge and Skills
- University degree or Diploma (Higher LCCI, CAT etc) in Accounting
- Part qualified (ACA/ ACCA) accountant would be considered an advantage
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position in an accounting department
- Experience in SAP would be considered an advantage
- Fluent in English and Greek with effective communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Excellent organizational skills and efficient use of time
- Organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Results orientation
Attractive remuneration packages shall be offered to the successful candidate according to their qualifications and experience.
How to apply
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to HR@meetingpointcyprus.com, no later than 31 May 2016, quoting the relevant position. Please direct any queries to the same email.