Marcus Evans Group: Finance Assistant Role – Nicosia
Marcus Evans Group
A global, multi faceted media, corporate marketing and information company, employing 3000 professionals in 59 worldwide locations. Our activities are wide ranging, providing up to the minute information for businesses and professionals the world over via our summit and conference divisions as well as delivering the latest technical and cultural skills training through our professional training divisions. We assist corporate marketers by providing exclusive facilities to support their key account marketing programmes linked to 5 star private hospitality clubs and lounges run by our THG division at the world’s leading sports events such as the Olympics. Outside of the B2B arena our entertainment division represents top international artists working in TV, Theatre and Movies and our filmed entertainment company World Productions has produced hundreds of hours of globally acclaimed drama including the recent UK detective drama sensation Line of Duty. Wherever you are located, at leisure or at work the group’s products and services are never far away.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generating and issuing sales invoices
- Preparing daily / weekly cash reports
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- General ledger, Supplier and Sales postings
- Issuing weekly / monthly supplier payment runs
- Prepare accounts to trial balance stage including a full balance sheet review eg control account reconciliations for bank, accounts receivable and payable
- General administration and reporting as they arise
- A very good understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and the main accounting packages – Sage, Quickbooks or a similar package is a pre requisite.The candidate should have a good understanding of bookkeeping / double entry as outlined above.
- The role therefore requires strong organisational skills and good all round accounts knowledge.
- The ability to show initiative and flag potential issues as they arise will also be required.
Start date: immediately
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org