Lanitis Bros: Site H&S and Environmental Coordinator – PRO013820
Coca-Cola Hellenic is one of the world’s largest bottlers of products of The Coca-Cola Company with sales of more than 2 billion unit cases, operations in 28 countries, serving a population of approximately 560 million people.
Lanitis Bros is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is a franchised bottler of The Coca-Cola Company and part of Coca Cola Hellenic Group. Our company serves approximately 778.000 Cypriots and more than 2.400.000 tourists that visit the island on an annual basis, by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility; a practice embedded in our roots from the early years of our existence.
The Company is seeking to recruit a Sites H&S and Environment (HSE) Coordinator for Cyprus based in Nicosia. The HSE Coordinator has responsibility to support our company’s commitment to further improve H&S and Environment performance by advising site lead team and employees on the practical implementation of country and group safety practices and on compliance with in-country HSE regulatory requirements. Ensure HSE culture is in place.
– Coordinate development, implementation and maintenance of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 certifiable management systems at site level.
– Active role in management, analysis and implementation of Property Loss Prevention Requirements.
– Ensure appropriate HSE standards and procedures are in place and followed.
– Maintain site level HSE Regulatory Compliance Register, and ensure that site has appropriate permits, consents and licenses as required under national H&S legislation.
– Review and maintain site level HSE corrective action plans and progress.
– Provide advice and input to incident investigations and ensure corrective action plans are in place and implemented.
– Coordinate production and periodic review of Risk Assessments identifying work related hazards and appropriate control mechanisms.
– Actively promote the importance of Leading Indicators, including ‘Near-Miss’ and ‘Near Loss’ reporting, investigation, and feedback.
– Establish, train employees and coordinate H&S inspections for unsafe conditions and/or unsafe behaviours.
– Ensure implementation of all HSE related KBIs.
– Prepare HSE performance reports for site Management; identify trends and patterns across the site as well as recommendations for improvement.
– Provide input to training needs analysis for site employees and facilitates HSE workshops/training programs as per needs.
– Keep him/her self updated on new HSE country legislative requirements, group and industry best practices
– Actively promote HSE culture across the site. Establish, train employees and coordinate H&S inspections for unsafe conditions or behaviors.
– Establishes and maintains productive relationships that all levels both internally and externally.
– Ensures continuous process improvement. Learns and implements successful practices while shares own plant successful practices within CC Hellenic
– Propose/Introduce, execute & monitor HSE projects according to Legislative and company requirements and at the same time enhance HSE deliverables.
– Fully understand country CSR program and promote across site employees
– Degree preferably in Engineering, Food technology/science from AEI or TEI with the right to undertake the Safety Coordinator role as per national legal requirement
– Recognized Health & Safety qualification (i.e. Nebosh), meeting at least national legislative requirement.
– Knowledge of key Health & Safety practices and associated legislative requirements at national level is essential.
– 3-4 years working experience in the field of production management in a beverage/soft drinks or similar process manufacturing company desirable. A site Health and Safety management position desirable.
– Very good PC skills
– Fluency in English is required
– Enthusiastic with the ability to drive and enforce standards and influence people
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop good relations at all levels both internally and externally.
– Ability to prioritize, plan and implement own work with little direct supervision.
– Ability to deliver training courses to all levels of employee essential
– Ability to investigate and identify root causes behind H&S issues/ incidents and develop pragmatic options for resolution.
– Ability to organize and manage mixed ability teams in order to solve specific H&S related problems.
– Good time management skills are essential
– Audio/visual skills in presentation of information and training material are essential.
– Highly motivated and flexible in approach, a team player with an excellent customer service approach
– Post-graduate studies in Health & Safety / Environment mgt desirable
Coca-Cola Hellenic is an equal opportunities employer. Your application is held in a complete confidence in accordance with data protection legislation. References will not be taken up without your explicit permission.